Friday, February 13, 2009

We. Have. INTERNET!

After weeks of not having the internet at my apartment (it's a looooong story), we finally have it set up again! It's much faster than before, but each apartment have their own service and modem, so we have to split the cost only between the 3 of us rather than the previous 18 of us :( However, I found a pretty good deal with Comcast, so I'm pretty happy about it :)

Now that we have the internet again, I can post! I suppose I could've posted from campus or something, but when I'm on campus, I feel like I should be doing homework or studying, so I never did. Oh well.

Random stuff that's been going on:

1) SKIING/SNOWBOARDING: I looooove going to Sundance! At first, I went skiing mostly, but now I like to snowboard more because I'm learning a lot and getting better. As of now, I can successfully get off the lift comfortably and without falling (this took a few trips, haha), get up the big hill by going fast enough and not falling, do a successful falling leaf (switch from right foot forward to left and vice versa) without looking awkward, and today I tried going toe-side! Of course, I can't do it successfully yet, hehe, but it takes some time, so I'll just keep working on that. Toe-side is kind of scary to me because it feels like you're going down the hill backwards, which you kind of are, and I don't know how to switch back to heel-side, haha.

Here's a picture of me getting all ready to ride down the hill...

2) I bought some lovely, beautiful....OAKLEYS! Yet another one of my impulse buys, but not entirely. My sunglasses broke (one of the lenses came completley out and I couldn't get it back in), so I decided to invest in some nice ones, and I saw them at the store, and they were cheaper than I thought they'd be, so I went ahead and bought them. They are AMAZING! When they say high defintion optics, they are not lying :)

(These kind of look like mine, but mine are translucent and more of a brown-ish color)

3) I started working on my application for the SOA and the Marriott School.

I'm applying for accounting and general business, just in case accounting doesn't work. Wish me luck!!!

4) Still going to class and studying - all my classes are going pretty well! I'm learning a lot (mostly in business writing and information systems), but all my classes are fun, and I like every single one of them. My only complaint is Stats: since I've already taken Psych Stats, so I get bored a lot, but that makes it easy too :) I don't know how I do it, but it seems like every semester, I absolutely love my schedule.

Mostly, I'm getting excited about heading down to Georgia for Alison and Anthony's wedding in about a month and a half! I can't wait to see everyone and be there for this special occassion with them and the rest of the family.

Until next time :-D

No comments: