Sunday, February 17, 2008

Well, it's official.
I'm a blogger.
------------------
Reasons why I'm starting a blog:
* I'm a slacker when it comes to writing in my journal, so hopefully this will be an easier way to record my thoughts.
* I am FED UP with Facebook.  I've thought about deleting my account several times, but I decided to keep it (only for contacting friends).  So, I need another social networking outlet.
* I like reading all my family's blogs, so I figured it was time to start my own.
-------------------
Enjoy :)

6 comments:

Kevin Brown said...

Just curious why you are fed up with facebook?

Darcy Marie said...

Facebook has become the new MySpace. At first, it was really different with privacy policies and very simple, but it's gotten too complex. I get several new "application" invitations each day, and they keep adding unnecessary annoying features that make it harder to maneuver around the site. However, all my friends use it, and it's my only way to stay in contact with some of them, so I'm keeping it only for those people.

Scott said...

I completely agree. I thought facebook was great about 2-3 years ago. Now I go online every couple of weeks and it's just a whole bunch of stupid applications all over the place spamming everyone. That's what really started making me mad: the spamming. Besides, blogging is the more "mature" way of doing things, facebook is for the kiddies.

Jeff Brown said...

Great! I haven't minded facebook, I guess I haven't gotten the annoying things yet, but yes, blogging is much better.

Bill said...

I Love to hear about you guys, Dads ( at least me) like to hear about whats going on in the family. Darcy this is great, wish the whole family would do it.

Nitha said...

Hey, Darce... Yo tengo un blog too! :)