Saturday, March 22, 2008

Snowboarding vs. Skiing

~I love skiing~

So this season, I bought a weekday pass for Sundance so I could go every week (I don't have class on Fridays...) I've been skiing every time because that's what I started with (as opposed to snowboarding), and I really enjoy it. However, since yesterday was probably my last day for the season since it's getting warmer, I decided to give snowboarding a try. I'd actually tried snowboarding once before - and it was a disaster! I kept falling and didn't enjoy myself and vowed never to do it again. But I decided that wasn't really fair, so I'd give it another chance, and I'm so glad I did! I took a friend with me who actually knows how do it it, and by the end of the day, I wasn't too bad! Of course I was still falling, but I didn't really know how else to stop, hehe. It's definitely different from skiing, but it's still pretty cool.

I think everyone should give both a try if they can - you might enjoy it :)

1 comment:

Jeff Brown said...

I like skiing better too but I got pretty good at both. I did want to learn going up and down a pipeline on a snowboard better and maybe that might make a difference but Skiing I just enjoy better.