Friday, May 30, 2008

American Idol trickster

On the night of the American Idol finale, I had to work. So, I set it to record on the computer, and went on my way, hoping no one would spoil it for me so I could watch it when I got home and be surprised. However, while at work, we were pretty slow until about 9.15 PM (American Idol ended at 9, so my theory is that everyone was home watching it and then went out for ice cream). Then a bunch of people started coming in. After making a few ice creams, someone said something about American Idol. I told them I was recording it back home, so I asked them to not tell me anything, but nonetheless, one of the guys thought that was funny, so he came right out and said, "Oh yeah, David Archuleta won," and then made some crack about how he won't last too long because he'll go through puberty soon. I was kinda sad to have the outcome spoiled, but I was still excited to go home and watch it because I love watching all the guest singers sing with the top 10 Idols. However, I was in no rush to watch it, so after work, I just went home and then went to bed.

It wasn't until the NEXT DAY that I finally had some time to sit down and watch it. I really liked a lot of the performances, especially David Archuleta's with One Republic (you can watch it here) and Carrie Underwood's song (what was with her outfit though? haha).

Finally, I got to the end of the episode, and I was about to just turn it off, since I already knew the outcome (or so I thought), but I decided to watch anyway. To my utter astonishment, when the winner was announced, it was DAVID COOK!! I was shocked!! I totally believed that Archuleta had won for nearly 24 hours!! My compliments to the random customer at SubZero who thought it'd be funny to play a little joke on the girl making his ice cream :)

1 comment:

Jeff Brown said...

Pretty funny. I wanted Archuleta to win based on the performances, but Cook took more risk and has a better personality. Both will do great. I enjoyed watching it this season. 2 Mormons in the top 5. Pretty cool. I watch, "So you think you can dance" now.