Monday, May 19, 2008

~Just a little update~

Well, I met with one of the accounting professors, and now he has me all pumped up about going for accounting! (Yes, I am completely aware of how nerdy that sounds......) I still have a lot of classes to take before I can apply (next year), but I feel much more prepared for it. I feel a lot better about the classes, the application, and the program itself. I still don't know for sure if it'll stick (we'll see after I take the other pre-requisite classes), but I really hope I do well so I can get in.

In other news.....Carie had her baby! From what I can see, she's adorable. I can't wait to go home next month and see her! You can read all her info on the link....

Other than that, things have been pretty laid back around here. The weather has gotten SO much better, so I'm grateful for that. I love being able to sit outside on the grass and just read out there. Since my class load is light, I can find time to read books for pleasure as opposed to fall and winter semesters when I can only read textbooks because that's all there's time for.
I'm almost done with the last of the Twilight series (Eclipse). The weird thing about those books is that the writing isn't actually that good, but the story is great and hooks you, so people really like them, including myself. Once I'm done, I don't really know what I'll move on to, so if anyone has any suggestions of good books you've read lately, let me know!

...........life is lovely.......... :)

2 comments:

Jeff Brown said...

Have you read the "Work and Glory" Series or "Children of the Promise"? Carie and I liked them pretty well. I am curious more and more to read the CS Lewis series that is with the Lion, witch and wardrobe and prince caspian. I know Lion, witch and wardrobe is #2 in the series and Carie says Prince Caspian is like #4 or something. Around 7 books total I think.

Bill said...

Darcy, I am so excited about you getting in to accounting as long as you like it. I have talked to a few BYU alumni that were in accounting and they said the first classes are designed to be the hardest to weed out those that would not finish the line. If it is the same now don’t get discouraged. We are so looking forward you comming home, we have missed you!

Love Dad