I was so upset about MuggleNet's post concerning Prop 8, so I wrote them this feedback.
----------
First of all, let me say that I've enjoyed reading your Harry Potter updates for some time now. You always have the most recent news, and I like being able to come to one site for all my Harry Potter trivia and news.However, your recent post concerning Prop 8 and how it relates to Harry Potter concerns me. I don't visit this website to read political agendas or be persuaded to vote in a particular way. I come to read about Harry Potter news and updates. I don't appreciate that you were advertising the Harry Potter Alliance and it's move to push their opinions concerning Prop 8 on other Harry Potter fans.
I'm disappointed that you would place this on your website for all readers to see. We all have our own opinions concerning the matter, and a Harry Potter fan site is not the place to go to voice your political opinions. I'm glad you are concerned and aware of the current debate concerning Prop 8, but I would ask that in the future, you keep political issues off your posts.
Your visitors are not on your website to read about political agendas. MuggleNet is a place for Harry Potter fans to come and enjoy discussing Harry Potter books, movies, and news. Prop 8 is not in Harry Potter, and it does not relate to it at all. It's a political issue that should not be discussed on this site.
I hope that in the future, you keep political issues off your posts and allow visitors to formulate their own opinions regardless of your own agenda.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
----------
P.S. Yes, I do realize how nerdy I sound and how HP obsessed I am. :)
4 comments:
That's an awesome response.
Good job!
Wow! Great Response. Way to go! It needed to be said.
Why to Go! Many do do understand how wrong this is. Check out the below link
As a result this is happening now to a dedicated father who loves his children.
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1815820715?bctid=1822459319
Awesome! Did you post this in the comments under that post? It sounds familiar, like I read it when I browsed those comments back then. I admit to visiting MuggleNet daily myself. Why do they have to make it all political? Ugh.
Post a Comment