Sunday, September 27, 2009

Junior Core = No time

Due to the comments about my lack of posts in 2 months...
....I have a little explaining to do....

Just a few of the things I've been up to in the last 2 months....

1) I went to California to visit with Kenny's family for about 10 days. He showed me around Brea (his home in Orange County), the beach, and we went on a house boat with his family for 5 days. We went on the wave runners, tubing, canoeing, boating - I even got up on the wakeboard! Check Facebook for pictures if you don't believe me ;) It was a really fun trip!

(and yes, this is a picture of the actual beach I went to - the waves were HUGE! I was scared they'd pull me under! but it was fun nonetheless)

2) I started the accounting junior core (that's what they call the first year in the accounting program after you've been accepted).


And THAT is why I've not been posting! It's a LOT of hard work, and it takes nearly all my time during the week. My weekends are my only time to relax and have some fun.

3) My dad came to visit! He went on a hiking trip with my brothers, but also had plenty of time to take me out to eat a lot and buy me lots of supplies from Costco - thanks, Dad! It was nice to have him here.

4) Last weekend, I went to Roosevelt, UT with a few friends of mine to go shotgun shooting. I didn't think I would like it (and it did get pretty loud at times), but I actually had fun! The guys were very patient and kind teaching me how to do it properly. Click here for Facebook pictures...

5) Finally, this last weekend, I went to Vegas for my friend, Caroline's 21st birthday! We got there a little late on Friday, so we didn't do much then, but on Saturday, we walked all over Vegas seeing the sites. I loved the lights at night!


We stayed at the Luxor (shown above).
We left early this morning to get back so I could study for my first exam of the semester, which is tomorrow....

So I probably shouldn't be posting this tonight, but it didn't take long and I have most of the day tomorrow to study too, right?? :)

Hopefully I will be better about this in the future!

1 comment:

Mama Scribbler said...

So excited to see a post from you! Wow you've been busy. So glad you're doing good though. We miss you!