Dear US Government:
In recent years, you have been passing legislation after legislation expanding your influence and power over the people you are meant to serve. I address this plea to you to ask that you please stop overstepping your bounds in an attempt to increase the power you have over the American people. The Constitution limits your power, and I believe recent legislation has begun a downward spiral of increasing government power which was never yours for the taking. My main areas of concern are as follows:
1) Overturning of Prop 8 - The residents of California have know twice voted on this issue and have clearly voiced their opinion on the matter. Unfortunately, federal courts feel their individual opinions trump the VOICE OF THE PEOPLE. Our government was set up to be ruled "by the people, FOR the people," but this crucial phrase in the Constitution seems to be ignored when one district court judge disagrees with the people.
2) Opposition to Arizona's Immigration Law - Here, again, we see the VOICE OF THE PEOPLE being grossly ignored by a federal judge who disagrees with their recently passed legislation. While I think the immigration law was not perfect, but I do not hold to the belief that it is not Constitutional. Arizona's citizens have voted, and their vote is the only one that matters as long as no Constitutional rights and laws have been broken, which they have not.
3) ObamaCare - Six states have laws in place stating that their residents cannot be fined for not having health care. Again, the VOICE OF THE PEOPLE has spoken - Prop C overwhelmingly passed in Missouri this week with over 70% of the vote. Again, the government will be overstepping its bounds if it blatantly disregards the voice of the people.
Again, I beg that you cease seeking for power where you have no right. If these issues are not resolved by listening to the VOICE OF THE PEOPLE, then America will be at the risk of boiling over, and I fear for what will come when that happens.
1 comment:
Great and awesome write up. I wish more would listen, understand and have the passion as you have shown here. Mom and I have been working on a project, centered on the constitution. Framing art, events and information and making this the theme of the sitting room of the Florida house. Again very much enjoyed your write-up, I would hope more would express their feelings about things as such.
Post a Comment