Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Quick Update

Needless to say, things have been BUSY lately.

Disneyland Update:

Things at Disneyland have been great!  All the interns presented their intern projects (what we’ve been working on for the past five months) in early May, and it was a really interesting experience.  We had five minutes each to present our projects and answer questions.  We presented to a lot of domestic parks directors and executives, so it was a bit nerve-racking, but I had so much help along the way, it went very well.    My Disney internship experience has truly been amazing, and I’ve loved working there.  The internship ends June 17th, but fortunately….

I have been offered a full time position with The Walt Disney Company!

Yes, it’s true!  Last week, my senior manager pulled me in her office to tell me the good news.  Out of the almost 30 finance  interns (in Florida and California), only 8 received offers (only 2 in California), so I am very fortunate.  I’ll be staying in my current department (Credit Card Management) until I can find something a bit more permanent.  I was so excited to receive the offer and look forward to working with the company for years to come.

 

and now, more importantly…..

Wedding Update:

The wedding plans are coming together nicely!  There’s still a bit to do, but I never really feel too stressed or very busy.  I just do a few little things each day so it doesn’t seem so bad.  Now that we are just 10 days away (really?!), all that’s left really is to re-confirm everything with the vendors and get everything finalized.  I’m so excited to be able to spend time with my family and to be getting married to my best friend in the world.

Well that’s all for today!  Until next time….be kind to one another.

(yeah, I stole my last bit from Ellen, she amuses me.)

2 comments:

Katie said...

sweeeeet! You get to stay at Disney! How Fantastic is that?! Getting really excited for next week!!

Mama Scribbler said...

Wow Darcy that's so exciting! Yes you're lucky but you're mostly just awesome. :-)Can't wait to see you guys!