(picture stolen from Facebook)
Yes, it’s true, the last of the Browns has gotten married!
Kenny & I were fortunate enough to travel down to Georgia for a few days at the beginning of January (Dec. 30-Jan. 3) to celebrate with my family for this very special occasion. We arrived on New Year’s Eve and celebrated my birthday (just a couple days late) with an outing to Nagoya (yum!!) and a VERY delicious Cold Stone cake! Thanks, Mom & Dad!! Afterwards, we all played games and then watched the Peach Drop to 2012.
The next few days were full of wedding preparation and ensuring everything was ready to go for the big day. And finally, Tuesday arrived! Other than just a couple minor setbacks (dress forgotten, etc.), everything seemed to go very smoothly. And the newlyweds could not have looked happier!
After the sealing, we went back to my parents’ house for lunch and a little break before the reception which was held at the very beautiful (and very close to my house) Vines Botanical Gardens. It was FREEZING outside (27 degrees!), so I was happy they chose to have the reception inside. There were big windows that basically took up an entire wall in several rooms, so you could still see the beautiful greenery outside while still enjoying the warmth inside :) They had a short ring ceremony during which the bridesmaids and groomsmen gave beautiful toasts that brought tears to my eyes. I was touched to see my kind brother so very happy and now married to his sweetheart.
The rest of the reception consisted of visiting with friends and family I hadn’t seen since my own reception, eating tons of Lana Cersey’s amazing food, watching the couple enjoy their first dance together, and bidding them farewell with sparklers as they left for their honeymoon. It was a beautiful night, and I was so happy we could make the trip and enjoy the time with my family.
Unfortunately, we had to leave the very next morning to get back to California (and back to work), so it was a pretty short trip, but we made the most of it. Can’t wait until we get a chance to go back!
1 comment:
I love reading you Blog
Post a Comment