Other than that, things have been pretty quiet down here. I've been working on my Dad's computer organizing all his pictures, which is a pretty daunting task considering how many he has, but I'm glad to have something to do to fill my time, along with shopping and swimming of course :)
Yesterday, my friend Brittany and I got go spend a few hours at a day spa! Her husband wanted to surprise her with it, and he didn't want her to go alone, so...I was the lucky one he chose to go with her :) We got facials, manicures, and even a full body massage. Mostly it was nice just to spend time with her since she's been out in Utah until this week (she's just visiting for a little while before heading back out). I kept thinking of that line from Gilmore Girls that Lorelai says when she goes to a spa with her mom - "Lying on your back all day, getting rubbed - it's the closest you'll ever get to being a dog." Basically, she was right :)
Next week, my parents, Alison & her boyfriend, Derek & his girlfriend, and I are all going to my parents' Orlando house. I'm really excited for everyone else to see it, since I'm the only one other than my parents who's been there before. We're planning on working on the house a bit to get it ready for our big family vacation in a few weeks, along with going to a beach a few times and Disney World for a day or two. I'm really excited!!!
Pretty much, I'm lovin' the summertime :)
2 comments:
Ya, there is nothing like beinghome from school in the summertime. What program are you using for organizing your dad's pics? That seems like it would take FOREVER! We use Photoshop Elements 6 to organize our pictures.
Yeah, I'm using Photoshop 6 too, but my dad's organization in the past has been....well, just lacking any order! He's got stuff in the wrong years, duplicates of a ton of pictures, and other random stuff I just need to tweak. And I have to convert all his pictures to JPEG format since most of the pictures he takes nowadays are in RAW format. And I've been doing some other random picture stuff he's needed done (printing pictures, putting together wedding albums, etc.) It is taking quite a bit of time, but he is paying me for my services, so I can't complain :)
Post a Comment