I finally saw Twilight last night!! Here are some of my thoughts....
(beware of spoilers if you haven't read the book or seen the movie yet)

(beware of spoilers if you haven't read the book or seen the movie yet)

Bad Stuff
1) Kind of cheesy at some parts
2) The feel was different than the book, the chemistry was there, but not the same (maybe they needed more time to develop the relationship, but couldn't fit it due to time constraints)
3) Edward seemed awkward! In the books he seemed perfect, but maybe I'm just remembering him that way.
4) I got woozy at the end of the fight scene when Bella was bleeding all over the ballet studio floor. I thought I was gonna pass out, so I had to take some deep breathes and put down my head for like 15 minutes or so. (this is why I can't give blood!)
1) Kind of cheesy at some parts
2) The feel was different than the book, the chemistry was there, but not the same (maybe they needed more time to develop the relationship, but couldn't fit it due to time constraints)
3) Edward seemed awkward! In the books he seemed perfect, but maybe I'm just remembering him that way.
4) I got woozy at the end of the fight scene when Bella was bleeding all over the ballet studio floor. I thought I was gonna pass out, so I had to take some deep breathes and put down my head for like 15 minutes or so. (this is why I can't give blood!)
Good Stuff
1) Great chemistry between the actors who played Bella and Edward
2) Stayed pretty true to the book (some scenes were excluded, but I understand they had to be to make it fit into 2 hours)
3) AWESOME fight scene between Edward and James!
4) Charlie and Carlisle were cast perfectly!! I absolutely loved the scenes with either of them.
5) Best part of the movie (what I remember, this is not word for word):
This is the scene when Edward wants to introduce himself as Bella's boyfriend to her dad (Charlie)
Bella: He wants to come formally introduce himself to you.
Charlie: Alright.
Bella: He's right outside.
Charlie: (sighs, then cocks gun) Bring him in.
1) Great chemistry between the actors who played Bella and Edward
2) Stayed pretty true to the book (some scenes were excluded, but I understand they had to be to make it fit into 2 hours)
3) AWESOME fight scene between Edward and James!
4) Charlie and Carlisle were cast perfectly!! I absolutely loved the scenes with either of them.
5) Best part of the movie (what I remember, this is not word for word):
This is the scene when Edward wants to introduce himself as Bella's boyfriend to her dad (Charlie)
Bella: He wants to come formally introduce himself to you.
Charlie: Alright.
Bella: He's right outside.
Charlie: (sighs, then cocks gun) Bring him in.
Overall/Final Thoughts:
I really liked it!! I understand they couldn't fit everything into a 2 hour movie, but I think they did a pretty good job considering their budget and the time they had. It didn't feel like 2 hours at all; it felt much shorter because I really did enjoy it. I can't really blame the "getting woozy" part on the movie, actually, that probably should be a under "Good Stuff" because they made that scene seem so real. Overall, I liked it. Good job, Summit Entertainment! :)
I really liked it!! I understand they couldn't fit everything into a 2 hour movie, but I think they did a pretty good job considering their budget and the time they had. It didn't feel like 2 hours at all; it felt much shorter because I really did enjoy it. I can't really blame the "getting woozy" part on the movie, actually, that probably should be a under "Good Stuff" because they made that scene seem so real. Overall, I liked it. Good job, Summit Entertainment! :)
1 comment:
We went to see it and loved it!
Good special effects
Post a Comment