Well, as you can probably infer from my previous post, I made it safely back to Utah! :) Classes started on Monday, and I'm pretty excited about how the semester is turning out. I'm taking some interesting classes along with some more accounting prerequisites because I apply for the program in April. My schedule is still fairly light (14 credits), so I hope to focus on the prerequisites to ensure entry to the program. My classes are:
1) Principles of Statistics - Not an accounting prerequisite, but a business school prerequisite. I took Psychological Statistics over the summer, so hopefully this class will cover the same concepts.
2) Psychology of Gender - This is one of my electives for my Psychology minor. My friend took it about a year ago and loved it, so I'm giving it a try. It should be interesting to see how they teach it in a BYU setting.
3) Communication in Organizational Settings (Business Writing) - One of my accounting prerequisites. I'm kind of nervous since I haven't taken a writing class since high school, but I hear it's not too difficult.
4) Intro to Management Information Systems - My last accounting prerequisite. I'm also a little nervous about this one due to my lack of knowledge about computers, but also excited to learn more about them! I hear it's pretty straightforward.
5) Food Preparation in the Home - Yes, I'm taking a cooking class! This is my fun class for the semester, and I'm really excited about it :)
Also, this weekend, me and a few friends are going to visit my grandparents in Altonah! We were supposed to go snowmobiling, but the weather isn't right for it (there's an avalanche warning), so we're just going to visit this time, and then go again in a few weeks or so when the weather is better for snowmobiling. It'll be nice to get away for a few days and visit with them.
That's about it! :)
3 comments:
Cool Classes!
Keep up the good work.
We really enjoy hearing about everything, it makes our day!
Very impressed with your classes.
You're really going to like the foods class--it's tons of fun!
Post a Comment