Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl 2010

Every year, I watch the Super Bowl. In the past, I never even knew who was playing until the actual day of the Super Bowl. This year, however, was different. I watched games leading up the championships, the AFC and NFC championships, all leading up the Super Bowl. Kenny's roommates love sports, so we would all watch them together (when we can). I've learned a lot about football, the NFL, and various other sports we'd watch together.

This year, I was rooting for the Colts. Austin Collie played for BYU last year (he now plays for the Colts), and while he was a low string player, through a series of injuries, he got to play in some major games, and he did well! He played in both the AFC championship game (catching quite a pass for a touchdown as seen in the picture below....) and the Super Bowl. How amazing is that - first year out of BYU and playing in the Super Bowl?!?!


But, unfortunately, the Colts lost last night. They did really well in the first half (specificially in the first quarter), but let their game slide as the night went on. But, it was the first Super Bowl win for the Saints ever, so I congratulate them. It was a really fun game to watch!

2 comments:

Bill said...

I heard it was a fun game, but you are a fun person! Grandpa and I wanted the Colts to win too. But you did much better than I, for I got too tired and never even saw the game. Thanks for the Blog, keep it up!
Love,
Dad

Bill said...

time for more updates?